Ok guys, here is the recipe for the Spinach and Feta Lasagna I made the other night. It was so good and warm and very filling. I happened to have 2 small zucchinis I needed to use up so I added that to the pot and it was a perfect choice. It is important to wait the suggested 30-45 minutes for the liquid to soak up at the end just watch it as the sides and bottom and can get a little brown. I cooked my for a little over 3 hours.
Spinach and Feta Crock Pot Lasagna – Layers of spinach, feta and light ricotta nestled between sheets of lasagna noodles. The easiest Lasagna you will ever make! Just throw all the ingredients in the Crock Pot and walk away.
- 4 cups tomato sauce
- 12 to 15 no boil lasagna noodles
- 1 container (32-ounces) Light Ricotta Cheese
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 3 to 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 bag (8-ounces) fresh baby spinach leaves
- 2-1/2 cups Shredded Low-Moisture Part-Skim Mozzarella Cheese, divided
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan Cheese, divided
Lightly coat the inside of the crock pot with cooking spray.
- Spread 1 cup tomato sauce on the bottom of the pot.
- Arrange a layer of the no-boil lasagna noodles over the sauce. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine ricotta cheese, feta cheese, salt, pepper, chopped garlic, oregano, parsley and eggs; mix until thoroughly combined.
- Add spinach and mix until well incorporated.
- Spread ⅓ of the ricotta mixture over the pasta.
- Sprinkle a layer of mozzarella and ⅓ of the parmesan cheese over the ricotta mixture.
- Top with a cup of tomato sauce.
- Repeat these layers until all the ingredients have been used up .
- Top the lasagna with a layer of lasagna noodles covered with tomato sauce and sprinkled with mozzarella and parmesan cheese.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 3-1/2 to 4 hours.
- Turn off the crock pot and let stand 45 minutes, or until all the liquid is absorbed.
- Cut and serve.